Gate Theatre is recruiting for the position of General Theatre Administrator
The Gate Theatre is entering an exciting new era with the recent appointment of Selina Cartmell as Director. We are looking for a General Theatre Administrator to work in our busy office as part of the team.The job description should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities
Required Skills / Experience / Qualities
- Maintain efficient running of the office
- First line contact for all queries
- Undertake Gate projects as required
- Organise and assist with events and talks for the Gate Theatre
- Assist in the planning and delivery of fundraising events
- Creation and follow up of production contracts etc
- Update production folders and ensure Gate production history and touring references are up to date
- Source and disseminate scripts/reference materials
- Any other duties as required
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the company, including senior management
- Knowledge of the performing arts, especially theatre, is essential
- A third level qualification in the area of the arts would be an advantage as would previous experience working within the arts and cultural sector
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise work
- Confident, outgoing and resilient and be capable of working on own initiative
- Calm under pressure and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have outstanding time management and be a good team player
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The position is offered as an initial one-year contract.
General working hours are 9.30am – 6.00pm, Monday – Friday.
Successful candidates may be required to work outside these hours when required particularly on production weeks and special events which take place outside these hours.
Deadline: Tuesday, 8th August 2017
The Gate Theatre is committed to equality of opportunity