The Gate’s mission is to be an international home for Irish artists and an Irish home for international artists. On its stage in Dublin and through partnerships, creative collaborations, and tours, there is a commitment to ‘open the Gate’ to new artists, audiences and new forms of theatre. The Gate’s aim is to share this work with a large, diverse and evolving audience both in Ireland and around the world. As an artist-led organisation, the ‘work’ is at the heart of everything the Gate does. It produces a broad programme of new, contemporary and classic work, all of which speaks to today’s world.
The Board of the Gate Theatre is now seeking an Artistic Director who will work in partnership with an Executive Director to achieve the Gate’s mission.
The mission of the Artistic Director is to develop, and lead the artistic vision of the Gate Theatre in the delivery of unique, memorable and entertaining experiences for audiences. This vision reflects and nurtures Ireland’s artists in all their diversity, by making and presenting the broadest possible range of theatre.
You will have:
• An outstanding reputation for directing, producing and creating theatrical productions of creative excellence.
• Extensive and effective experience of artistic leadership in the theatre world with a network of appropriate contacts at both national and international levels.
• A proven track record as an ambitious, creative and strategic thinker, with an ability to inspire and support new talent development and engagement.
• An excellent knowledge, commitment and appreciation of the classic and contemporary Irish and International canons.
• Strong collaborative skills with an ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and inspirational creative home for all stakeholders.
• A comprehensive understanding of governance and grant applications and their importance in the smooth and successful operation and delivery of a leading cultural institution.
Further information, including details of how to apply, can be downloaded at www.odgers.com/20669.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th February 2022.
Candidates for these roles will be sourced through both an advertised and an executive search process. The Gate Theatre is an equal opportunities employer.