The Gate’s mission is to be an international home for Irish artists and an Irish home for international artists. On its stage in Dublin and through partnerships, creative collaborations, and tours, there is a commitment to ‘open the Gate’ to new artists, audiences and new forms of theatre. The Gate’s aim is to share this work with a large, diverse and evolving audience both in Ireland and around the world. As an artist-led organisation, the ‘work’ is at the heart of everything the Gate does. It produces a broad programme of new, contemporary and classic work, all of which speaks to today’s world.
The Board of the Gate Theatre is now seeking an Executive Director who will work in partnership with an Artistic Director to achieve the Gate’s mission.
The mission of the Executive Director is to deliver the commercial, people, financial, operational and fundraising capabilities for the Gate to ensure that the Gate Theatre’s artistic vision is supported by an effective operating model.
You will have:
• A proven track record in the performing arts, including theatre, together with an understanding of the Gate Theatre and its vision, mission and values.
• Strategic business planning ability, strong financial, entrepreneurial and commercial acumen, with experience of full P&L responsibility
• Experience of successfully delivering complex multi-disciplinary projects, managing significant budgets and multiple agendas with intelligence, ambition and realism.
• Excellent people management and communication skills with the ability to motivate and inspire.
• Experience in delivering strategy and implementing business plans, capital projects, procedures and policies to support and evolve the Gate Theatre’s mission and impact.
• A track record of attracting and securing significant amounts of external funding and driving new income streams.
• A comprehensive understanding of corporate governance and risk management and their importance in the smooth and successful operation of a leading cultural institution.
Further information, including details of how to apply, can be downloaded at www.odgers.com/20669
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th February 2022.
Candidates for these roles will be sourced through both an advertised and an executive search process. The Gate Theatre is an equal opportunities employer.