The Gate Theatre is Open to all and it is our utmost priority to ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience for all visitors. Our team, both on stage and off, are committed to excellence and have a duty of care to ensure a high standard of respect, good will, and attention to all guests to the Gate Theatre.
Terms and Conditions (Attendance):
The staff and management of The Gate Theatre reserve the right to refuse admission and may dismiss any ticketholders before or during a performance if and when a ticketholder’s conduct or behaviour is deemed to be disruptive and/or inappropriate. Reasons include, but are not limited to the following:
No partial or full refunds will be offered to any member of the audience who is refused entry or is dismissed from the theatre.
We may also – on rare occasions – conduct security searches on persons and their property to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors.
Food and Drink:
We invite all guests to join us for a snack and drink at the start of their visit in the theatre bar or onsite café. Both the bar and café will open one hour before any scheduled performance time and items purchased on the premises must be consumed in these designated areas. No food or beverages may be enjoyed in the auditorium space. For your convenience, guests may pre-order bar drinks for enjoyment during intermission.
As supported by the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2003, we reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to any individual deemed to be underage or under the influence of alcohol or illicit substances. Please note that only food and drink purchased from the theatre bar or café can be consumed on the premises and a violation of the guidelines stated here can be grounds for dismissal as mentioned above.
Late Arrival/Early Departure:
All performances and events at the Gate Theatre begin promptly at the listed start time and guests are asked to respect the audience, performers and staff by allowing plenty of time for arrival, refreshments, and seating. We understand that occasions may arise when patrons arrive or must leave after a performance has begun. In these instances, guests will be asked to wait until entry is deemed safe and undisruptive by staff. Due to the nature of many performances, the duration of this wait can be upwards of 90 minutes.
Photography and Recording Devices:
Unapproved use of cameras or any form of video or audio recording is strictly forbidden in the auditorium at all times. If images are required for press or publicity purposes, we ask that members of the media contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and information.
The Gate Theatre does not have a formal dress code. We hope you dress to match the experience you wish to have at the Gate Theatre with your friends or family.
Smoking, Tobacco, and eCigarettes:
The use of tobacco, vapes, cigarettes or non-medical inhalants of any kind is strictly prohibited at the Gate Theatre.
General Terms and Conditions (Tickets):
· Tickets cannot be refunded once purchased.
· Management reserves the right to cancel or make essential changes to performances without notice. In the case of cancellations, tickets may be exchanged or refunded from the original point of sale.
· Ticketholders enter the theatre at their own risk, and are solely responsible for their belongings.
· Gate Theatre tickets are valid only when issued directly via the Gate box office or website, or via an authorised agent. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the Gate Theatre, be resold for commercial purposes or at a premium, nor may it be packaged or used for any other commercial purposes. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
· Once you book tickets for The Gate, your details are held on our database. From time to time, depending on your recorded preference, we may send you information relating to The Gate and its events. If you do not wish to receive this information please inform us. For further information, please see our privacy statement.
Terms and Conditions (Gift Certificates)
· Gift vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash once purchased.
· Gift vouchers have a five year expiry period and are valid until they are redeemed.
· Gift vouchers may be used exclusively to purchase tickets and merchandise. They may not be used in the Gate Theatre’s bar or coffee dock.
· Once a gift voucher is partially redeemed, the balance will be available in the form of credit on the patron’s booking account, which can then be redeemed when booking online, or through box office. Change from a voucher cannot be given as cash.
· Once a voucher is identified as ‘redeemed’ on our booking system, it is no longer valid for future purchases.
· Gift vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
· The Gate Theatre cannot be held responsible for delayed or lost post.
If you have any further questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling +353 1 874 4045.